Tuesday, August 2, 2011

In Search Of Alaska.

"So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she wa a hurricane."
 
Alaska Young is a tease, a tortured soul, and an extremly unhappy girl. She is also one of my Favorite Characters From One of My favorite books that i have just recently read.titled Looking For Alaska.
 
 
This character although horrible and moody at most times, facinated me just by her rambunctious personality and free spirit until her death. This quote, " if people were rain i would be a drizzle and she would be a hurricane" is quite possibly my favorite line of the book. It describes just how big of an impact she had on the main characters life, he was so taken by her it almost became a form of obsession. I often found myself caught with her, even though she was most times a complete and total ice cold unrelatable bitch. Alaska has qualities that i feel i have always prided myself on wanting to be, she was wild, fun, interesting, and mysterious.
 
 
wild: although i am not a crazy party animal or a incredibley rebellius teen, i strive to live my life a little bit out of the box. I try not to look at things the ordinary way and always make my self try everything atleast once.  Its intresting how far im willing to push myself and were i know my boundaries are and how depending on who i hang out with the boundaries will change. Supprisnly, around my more sheltered friends i tend to be more wild then with my friends who i guess you could call a bit more out there. I feel this is because im always trying to push my sheltered friends " out of the square" although i hardly ever do anything illigal or life threating or just down right trampy, i do try very hard to live my life to the fullest, much like Alaska Young does in the novel.
 
Fun: i guess im what you would tend to call a spaz. Im loud and talk way to much for my own and half the time i drive my friends crazy. I love meeting new people and learning new things about people. Because frankly i find people interesting. I love party dancing to music and when i make someone laugh, my day tends to instantly be complete. I guess you could concider those things fun?
 
Interesting: While im certainly not your average teenager, with juggling 13 hours of dance a week, a boiling social life, and school work there really is no time for average is there? But then again i feel like every teenager experiances that . Anyway there are a few interesting facts about me that make me different from the rest. For one, im a certified scuba diver and swim like a fish ( meaning best underwater), i have also been carrying around lime disease for about six years know(but i didnt know about it for three of those years ) , and i have been told several times that im too observational for my own good. Meaning i can literally reconize scents and clothing brands and i often pick up small details about people simply by watching. Some people find it creepy, i think its cool.
 
mysterious : not suprisngly this is the one i struggle with. while i try to pull of the whole mysterious thing especially when flirting (teheh) i find that most people can read me like a book from my supreme girly apperance and what i guess you could call ditzy vibe. Im not about to completely change who i am, so for now ill continue my moderate or semi average mysterious lifestyle.
 
These qualities that Alaska has obviously doesnt completely fit me because lets face it, im no Alaska. But someday i hope a guy like Miles can look at me with such adoration  as he did with Alaska. She was the girl he couldnt figure out, and thats why she inspires me so much... she was such a bad ass
 
 
Yay to john green for making his stories and characters so wonderful and yay to me for finally being able to write about something im interested in and not just ranting and clearing my head about boys
 
<3 Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment